This is hands down my favorite go-to holiday dessert! I make it every year and have yet to find a person who doesn't like it. I'll list the break down for making it below and if you'd like to see how it's made - along with how comical me trying to cook with the family is - check out the video below!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup cinnamon chips (I've found these at Winn Dixie or you can order on Amazon)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar (granulated, coconut, etc. - your preference) - for topping
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon - for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper (you could also use large paper muffin cups to make mini cakes/muffins)
- Place softened butter, egg, and cake mix into a large mixing bowl - stir to combine.
- Mix in pumpkin, cinnamon chips, and ground cinnamon.
- Press mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon for topping in a small separate bowl and then sprinkle evenly over top of cake.
- Bake for 25 minutes until baked through.
- Remove and let cool for a minimum of 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
I'd love to hear in the comments if you gave this recipe a try or you have a favorite recipe of your own that I could try!