So, like a crazy person I set up 3 events in a row - one of them being a 3 day comic convention. You think I would have prepped more before hand but no... So now I'm in panic mode trying to create a ton of jewelry (which I just counted and actually came out to 100 pieces!!! WHAT?!) I guess that's what happens when I kick in to high gear and put on my creative blinders.
When I have a goal I need to reach in a short amount of time this is the system I always use:
- Prioritize my workflow: What takes the most time and needs to be done first?
- Schedule out what absolutely NEEDS to get done each day of the week: This helps me stay on a dedicated timeline and also allows me to keep track of what I've done and when I've done it.
- Checklists galore: I get SUPER organized so that nothing gets overlooked. You'll typically find me using a least 3 different checklists at once.
- Doing whatever it takes: I'll be 100% honest with you - if I'm running tight on time (because you know ... mom responsibilities) I will run on 3-5 hours of sleep. Bed at 7am up at 10am if that's what it takes. I DON'T recommend this - but it is what I do. Scheduling things out ahead of time so that you can avoid this is ideal.
- Let go of tasks that aren't absolutely necessary: Chances are not everything is of DIRE importance so if you need to skip some things without it affecting reaching your overall go - do it if you have to. Ex: I didn't upload a video last week and also completely skipped making a certain style of jewelry simply from lack of time.
- Ask for help: Get help if you can from family or friends. I don't ever hire a sitter but my husband watching the kids a bit or asking a friend for a little help here and there can make a world of a difference.
It won't come without stress or struggle but as long as you stay focused, know that all of the exhaustion is temporary, and put on those creative blinders - you can reach that goal!
If you want to see me struggling (because you know why not?) and an inside look at me creating jewelry check out the video below!
----------------You keep staying simply awesome,
and I'll keep staying SiimplyOli.