Every single one of us has experience feeling insecure about our bodies at some point in our lives. Maybe you still have those feelings today. I want to help you work towards a more confident version of yourself! We may feel insecure still from time to time but it all boils down to how you react to those thoughts. These are some tips I have to help lean away from those insecurities:
- Every day, write down and say out loud one thing you like about (physical, mental, or anything else you can think of). You can always refer back to this list when your feeling down.
- Try not to focus on what other people look like. The more you compare the more you lean towards putting yourself down. Instead try to give them a compliment in your head rather than making a comparison. Even imaging a compliment they might give back to you!
- Focus more on appreciating things you enjoy doing, skills you're good at, or your passion to learn something new.
- Know that you DO NOT need validation from anyone else to feel good about yourself.
- Learn to love the current version of yourself more rather than thinking about how much you love the idea of a future self or a past self.
- Do things that make you happy. Get out of your head and have experiences, make memories.
- Surround yourself with people that are good to you and supportive. Negative people rub off on you and I highly suggest creating space between people that bring you down emotionally.
- Know that models, actresses, etc. in magazines and t.v. have been retouched and not even they look that way. Don't try to reach an unrealistic standard.
- No one is perfect and no one has flaws. We are all beautiful and unique creatures. Embrace it!
- If you have a negative thought about your appearance come back with 3 positives about your appearance.
I hope these tips were helpful! If you'd like to hear my personal experience with insecurities and a more in depth conversation about why we need to get away from thinking that way just check out the video below.